Rights and Privileges of Membership
To the extent provided herein and in the Bylaws, each member in good standing shall have the right and privilege to attend meetings and other functions, make and second motions, vote, chair and serve on committees, hold office, and utilize members only resources provided by the Association.
Full members have all the rights and privileges of membership.
To qualify as a full member, one of the following criteria must be met:
- The individual is currently employed as a docketing professional or an equivalent position and performs docketing duties as their primary work activity.
- The individual is currently employed as a legal administrator or support manager at a private law firm, legal service clinic, corporate legal department, university legal department, governmental legal agency, court system, charitable legal agency or some other organization engaged primarily in the practice of law and has full responsibility for the docketing function.
- The individual is currently employed as a legal secretary, legal assistant, or paralegal and performs limited docketing duties as their work activity.
Associate members have all the rights and privileges of membership, except that they shall not be entitled to make or second motions, vote, chair committees, or be members of the Board of Directors.
To qualify as an associate member, one of the following criteria must be met:
- The individual is a member of a bar association and currently practicing law.
- The individual is employed by a private law firm, legal service clinic, corporate legal department, university legal department, governmental legal agency, court system, charitable legal agency or some other organization engaged primarily in the practice of law and shows an interest in the docketing profession.
- The individual is retired with ten (10) or more years of experience previously employed as a docketing professional.
- The individual is currently unemployed or does not meet the criteria in 1, 2 and 3 above and was previously employed as a docketing professional
- Are individuals, associations, firms, vendors, consultants, recruiting agencies, or other entities that support and endorse the advancement of the docketing profession.
- Get to participate in an easy and cost effective way to reach the leaders and decision makers of law firms, corporate legal departments, and government agencies.
- Link their website and display a summary of their products and services on the Legal Marketplace directory. It is a visible area that allows NDA members and visitors who are looking for products and services, to acquire information 24/7 from their computers in easy to use text searches, filters, and listings.
- Manage their own account and can keep it updated with new products and service offerings any time.
- Add up to 2 additional members in their group bundle.
- Get opportunities to submit articles or other papers on the education page of the NDA web site as well as in the NDA Journal.
- Receive a 50% off discount to post jobs on the NDA Career Center.
- Are entitled to attend the monthly professional speaker series as well as vendor product demos